Flat Panel Touch Screen Displays
Advanced, rugged displays deliver a clear view of mission-critical data
Orbit Instrument designs, develops and manufactures a wide array of ruggedized color active-matrix liquid-crystal display (AMLCD) and electroluminescent flat panel touch-screen displays for militarized defense electronics, aerospace, air traffic control, severe environment and industrial applications.
Superior clarity, contrast and color accuracy
Our products have proven to offer superior clarity, contrast, accurate color and uniformity in even the most extreme airborne, shipboard, wheeled/tracked vehicle and handheld environments, while providing the utmost reliability and economical operation.
Custom built to meet exact requirements
Utilizing select COTS products and our proprietary in-house technologies and processes, we professionally engineer every system to meet each customer’s unique requirements – while ensuring superior quality and competitive cost.
- Available in three standard size ranges: Small (4.0” up to 8.4”), Medium (10.4” up to 15.0”), and Large (18.1” to 21.3” and beyond)
- Available in forms ranging from simple standalone flat panel display devices to complex display-based systems with processing, control and I/O features.
Meet or exceed all performance standards
Extensive preliminary modeling and thermal simulation, unique isolation/integration/cooling techniques, and years of proven manufacturing practices ensure that every display product meets or exceeds the performance, hazardous environment (MIL-STE-810), and EMI/EMC demands of its application. Orbit Flat Panel Displays also support MIL-STD-1275 (Vehicular), MIL-STD-704 (Airborne) and MIL-STD-1399 (Shipboard) power source inputs, and operate within MIL-STD-461 EMI/EMC environments.
Available standard and optional features include:
- High brightness for sunlight/daylight readability
- NVIS capability
- Touch control screens
- Protective faceplates with anti-glare/reflective enhancements
- Extended operating temperature ranges
- Custom bezels with integrated switches, and many more