The choice when extremely accurate cursor control is required
Orbit trackballs are sized anywhere from one to three inches in diameter and are an ideal choice when system requirements define the need for a very accurate cursor controller. Cursor controllers utilizing an Orbit trackball, enhanced with any number of embedded control switches, have been integrated into countless military airborne, shipboard and ground transportable systems.
- Orbit engineers have the expertise to generate software code that enables the trackball to flawlessly perform the specific requirements for any application.
- Orbit trackballs support a wide range of electronic interface standards, including RS-232, RS-422, PS/2, Sun, USB, Quadrature and any other simple serial or complex custom interface that may be required.
Orbit trackball applications include:
- Naval surface and subsurface vessels
- Air Force, Naval and Army airborne systems
- Ground mobile, transportable and fixed
- Handheld devices
- Factory automation
- Hazardous environment
- Medical equipment
- Security systems
- Video/audio broadcast
- Point-of-sale systems
- CAD/CASE workstations
Orbit trackball configurations include:
- Enclosed/encased desktop devices suitable for table-top applications
- Embedded devices installed into consoles and systems connected directly to mission computers
- Handheld and miniature trackmarbles/trackballs for small fielded systems and compact computer/tablet applications
- Integration into Orbit custom keyboards or installed as an enhancement into your existing keyboard/keypad application